Hilton is finally expanding their keyless entry program and I’m excited to have a chance to try it out at the Hilton Kansas City Airport. At the moment I’m under the impression they have 23 locations worldwide that offer this feature, where until a few weeks ago it was a whopping one hotel. I didn’t pick this property because of this but I’m happy I get to check it out. Plus thought the end of November you get a bonus 2500 Hilton Honors points for using it. Here’s a link to the promotion. I’m hopeful that I’ll get the bonus points, it seems you don’t need to register for the promotion, just check in via the mobile AP, so cross your fingers.
Unfortunatly, I neglected to get screen caps of the check in process, but here are the steps.
- Check in via mobile AP
- Pick a room or let the hotel assign one for you
- Enter a check in time
- Select payment type. Here I had an issue adding a new credit card, I have one on profile but I pay with a different one, and it would not allow me to add it, it kept erroring out. So I just used my card on profile, and the system assured me I could change the card up till check out.
- Lastly I was told via the AP I’d get a message when my room was ready and all I’d have to do is proceed to my room
- I was expecting an email telling me my room was ready, I didn’t get one but I did get an email confirmation that I registered for keyless entry
- At some point I looked at the AP and it said my room was ready and assigned, I can’t remember when I checked out the AP, but it was after 5 PM CST and I had selected a 9 PM check-in.
- Arrived at the hotel went straight to my room and viola the door opened.
Overall I liked the process it was quick and painless and I thought a cool tech idea. I’m curious how much this costs the hotel to convey the doors to this type of technology. From getting to the door and opening it took about 10 seconds so a lot loner then swiping a key, but seriously 10 seconds is fast. You had to tap the screen to get it to read the phone and the conform you wanted to unlock it, but then a few seconds later it opened. A very cool concept and something I will definitely use again.
Attractive component to content. I simply stumbled upon your site
and in accession capital to assert that I acquire actually loved account your weblog posts.
Any way I will be subscribing in your augment and even I success you get entry to consistently fast.